Female Hormone Balance
Female Hormone Balance supplement was born from a need as is any great natural health product. The ingredients found in FHB have been used for centuries to balance hormones, gently cleanse the endocrine system and build the female reproductive and fertility system.
Female Hormone Balance was designed to balance hormones with gentle synergistic ingredients working together to restore what has been depleted or ruined by diet, chemicals in the environment, adrenal exhaustion and other factors.
Restoring hormonal balance requires nourishing and strengthening organs such as kidneys, adrenals, ovaries, as well as cleansing blood and lymph fluids.
The whole woman is considered when choosing herbal ingredients for Female Hormone Balance.
As women move from peri-menopause to pre-menopause and then into menopause estrogen declines. Estrogen is not one hormone but is split up. Replacing the decline is the key. Bio-identical phyto-estrogen means that it acts upon the body in a equivalent way as your own body would if it were functioning optimally. It is similar to the effects of estradiol but gentler on the body. Estriol comes from estrodial and is fully realized in soy isoflavones. The effect is easier on the body and without harmful effects of HRT – hormone replacement therapy.
The main reason to use an herbal combination like Female Hormone Balance is when you are out of balance; hormones behaving in excess before or after menopause. Menoraghia is excessive bleeding during menstruation, slow rise ovulation is often due to out of balance LH and FSH and dysmenorrhea is painful menstruation. These are excesses. Helping to lower one hormone and raise another is to naturally balance them out.
Female Hormone Balance Ingredients Description
Are the concentrated active ingredient of soy which acts on the body to do one of two things. In menopausal women it affects the body in an estrogen like way by replacing, gently, the body’s need for hormone balance. In Pre-menopausal women and peri-menopausal women it takes the place of excess estrogen, to some extent, and restores balance by lowering the effects of excess estrogen on the body and to correct what is called estrogen dominance.
Mild antispasmodic, sedative, expectorant, blood thinner, mild alterative with a special affinity for the lungs, throat and salivary glands. Red clover is useful in Menopause Complex for its ability to encourage fluid balance when dryness occurs. It contains large amounts of the estrogenic isoflavone compounds, formononetin and biochanin A. These isoflavones have very weak estrogenic activity compared with natural estrone or synthetic DES. Phytoestrogens can act as anti-estrogens to compete with estradiol for cytoplasmic receptors in estrogen-sensitive tissues. Soybeans, which also contain estrogenic isoflavones, have been implicated as being responsible for the low incidence of breast and other female reproductive cancers in Japanese woman who consume large amounts of soybean products. The same protective action may be possible with red clover and should be studied further. Red clover has a cooling nature. Genistein and Daidzen, isoflavones, are also present.
Black Cohosh for Menopause or immature follicles leading to poor egg quality – The Algonquin Indians used black cohosh to treat gynecological ills, and it was a key part of Lydia E. Pinkham’s Vegetable Compound, sold in the 1870s to treat “female complaints and weaknesses.” In a recent German study on menopausal hot flashes, subjects were given estrogen, a Valium-like tranquilizer or black cohosh. The herb, which is an option for women who can’t take estrogen, worked best. “The vast majority of studies show benefit,” says Mark Blumenthal, executive director of the American Botanical Council.
Promotes the secretions of saliva and gastric juices. It is used as a bitter tonic for gastrointestinal colic with gas and loose stools, atony of the gallbladder and lack of appetite. It has a cooling nature to bring balance to other herbs. Contraindications: High doses may irritate the stomach and cause vomiting. Do not use during pregnancy other than in very small amounts.
It is used in gastrointestinal inflammation, coughs, colic, diarrhea in infants, cholesterol level reduction, diabetes and helps with dryness causing inflamed eyes. It is helpful for PMS and to lessen child birth problems. Fenugreek has been known to increasse libido.
Also known as Angelica Sinensis, Dong Quai is in the same family has celery; as a matter of fact it even smells like celery seed. It is the most recommended female herbal tonic in Asia. Dong quai is beneficial for gynecological complaints with spasms and pain, chills, dryness of skin, constipation due to dryness and uterine or ovarian masses. It is also indicated for congestion in the pelvic region.
- Dong quai is a warming female tonic, it enriches the blood, it promotes blood circulation and purification, regulates and normalizes menstruation and the menstrual cycle, it is a mild laxative, diuretic, sedative (calming effects), hepatoprotectant (blood), anti-inflammatory, analgesic (helps with pain), antibacterial, antispasmodic and stimulates the uterus in some preparations.
- Experiments have shown dong quai stimulates uterine cell multiplication. It is beneficial with gynecological problems, including PMS, cramps, menopausal-related symptoms, uterine bleeding due to stagnation and chronic pelvic infections. It is also indicated for constipation, headache due to blood deficiency, thrombosis, anemia, vasculitis, arthritis, sciatica and chronic bronchitis.
- Dong quai helps the cardiovascular system, as it strengthens heart contractility while decreasing the rate of contractions, acts as an anti-arrhythmic (antispasmodic as well), dilates coronary blood vessels, increases coronary blood flow and dilates peripheral blood vessels. With hypertension, dong quai initially raises the blood pressure, followed by a decline.
- Dong quai’s constituents include vitamin B12 and E, biotin, nicotinic acid, folic acid and folinic acid.
- Contraindications: It is contraindicated when taking blood-thinning agents. It may also sensitize the skin to the sun and can increase the chance of sunburn in larger amounts. Use in small amounts only if you have heavy clotted menses. It may also aggravate gastroesophageal reflux due to the gastric stimulating effects. Dong quai helps in the convertion of all androsterones (a hormone group) to estrogen, progesterone and testosterone in the liver.
One of the most popular herbs used in the world panax ginseng contains active complex carbohydrates called ginsenosides, each with the capacity to stimulate or soothe the nervous system, balance metabolic processes, decrease blood sugar, improve muscle tone and stimulate the endocrine system. It enhances the brain’s adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) activity without involving the adrenal glands (so no stress is placed on them).
- Panax ginseng is effective in maintaining and restoring the cell’s functionality and is being touted as an anti-aging herb. It is an “adaptogen” supporting the body during physical, chemical and biological stress.
- Panax ginseng is worth noting for its many many benefits to the body. It tonifies and invigorates to better health and longevity.
- Lowers the blood alcohol content by reducing absorption from the stomach.
- Decreasing senility and improving memory and behavior used for Alzheimer’s disease.
- As a therapy supplement panax ginseng is effective with morphine analgesia and the naturally occurring opium-containing substances that are produced by the brain (opioids). Regular intake reduces vulnerability to lung, liver, stomach, pancreatic and ovarian cancer.
- Decreases harmful LDL cholesterol and increases beneficial cholesterol HDL levels and thereby fighting heart disease.
- Helps to lower cholesterol vaturally
- Lowers blood sugar levels making it beneficial for Type 1 Diabetes.
- Increases sperm production with a marked decrease in erectile dysfunction, impotence and increases sexuality.
- As an immune system booster Panax Ginseng helps the body fight off infection and disease.
- In menopause Panax Ginseng helps to relieve symptoms, improves emotional balance with the benefits enhanced when combined with a vitamin and mineral supplement. Increases libido.
- Enhanced mental alertness, improved concentration and retention especially when combined with ginkgo biloba; often associated with menopause and hormonal imbalance.
- Panax ginseng has been widely used in helping the body to relieve and deal with stress.
- The benefits are so numerous it is no wonder that it is so well known and loved throughout the world.
The isoflavone in licorice called formononetin, has very weak estrogenic activity compared with natural estrone or synthetic DES. Phytoestrogens can behave like anti-estrogens by competing with estradiol for cytoplasmic receptors in estrogen-sensitive tissues, possibly acting as protection against stronger estrogenic action from estradiol and protecting against cancers that are estrogen receptor positive.
Since licorice inhibits 5-beta-reductase that regulates cortisol and aldosterone metabolism, it may retard the metabolic excretion of corticosteroids and extend the biological half-life of cortisol and aldosterone.
Aka Chaste Tree for Premenstrual Syndrome. Don’t let the name fool you, it does not lessen libido or preserve purity. Chaste tree has hormonal effects that minimize monthly symptoms. When 1,634 German PMS sufferers took chaste tree, 93 percent reported benefit. In tests against two other popular treatments, vitamin [B.sub.6] and Prozac, the herb worked as well as the drug and better than the vitamin.
“Chaste tree is the best herb for PMS,” says James A. Duke, Ph.D., author of The Green Pharmacy. “
It’s safe and the studies are convincing. Just be patient: It can take three months to experience benefits when taken by itself. Some women report an increased menstrual flow when menstruation has been scant. This is from the normalizing effects of Vitex.
Carminative, astringent, antibacterial with in vitro activity against Strep pyogenes and Staph aureus. Its use in Menopause Complex is for it ability to check excessive perspiration. Sage is used for hot flashes, night sweats, galactorrhea, treating the symptoms of diarrhea and gastric atony with gas and burping. It is also beneficial for mucous membrane irritation, like gum ulcerations and sore throats.
Indications for false unicorn (aka helonias) are heaviness and congestion in the pelvis with the sensation that the pelvic organs are falling out. The patient feels lumbar pain, pain down the thighs and the back of the legs, restlessness and general weakness. The patient often has a history of hemorrhoids, varicose veins of the legs and labial varicosities.
- False Unicorn is used as a diuretic, reproductive tonic for both sexes and is cerebrospinal restorative (restoring fluid to the brain stem). It is also known for restoring hormonal balance after birth control pills and hormone replacement treatment.
- False unicorn is indicated inconditions such as uterine or bladder atony or prolapse, vaginal laxity and passive hemorrhage and menorrhagia. It is also used with dysmenorrhea due to atony, and habitual miscarriages due to incompetent cervix. The root contains 0.0013% diosgenin – the same naturally occurring steroid found in Mexican wild yam.
A natural nerve sedative (usually in combination with Raspberry Leaves) squaw vine has been used for many female hormonal imbalances including all uterine complaints, amenorrhea (irregular menstruation), dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation)helps prevent miscarriage, in childbirth (taken for the last 3 weeks before birth), menorrhagia (excessive or prolonged menstruation), relieves congestion of the uterus and ovaries, strengthens the uterus, vaginal infections. Squaw vine is a very beneficial hormone balancer for women.
Red Raspberry Extract
Mild, soothing astringent, preparatory parturient, uterine tonic, improves uterine tone and blood supply. Often used with squaw vine (above).
- Red raspberry is often used during pregnancy in small amounts for the first trimester and increasing during the final weeks of the third trimester. A strong tea can be made into ice cubes and given as ice chips to the women during labor. It will help prevent post-partum hemorrhage. It is used to improve digestion. This herb is also useful in passive uterine hemorrhage, menorrhagia and symptoms of diarrhea.
- Contraindications: Although this herb is commonly used in pregnancy, Dr. Francis Brinker says in his book Herb Contraindications and Drug Interactions that it is contraindicated where there is a history of precipitate labors. He also claims it has antigonadotropic activity.
Mexican Wild Yam
Is to progesterone what black cohosh or soy isoflavones are to estrogen. It is sometimes referred to as Phyto-progesterone. Though it is not bio-identical to progesterone, Mexican wild yam clears the liver and behaves similar to progesterone in some small ways but enough to have the effect the body needs for general hormone balancing and to supply balance to phyto-estrogens. Mexican wild yam is also known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties to relieve uterine cramps and ovarian pain; and for PMS relief and for menstrual pain. It acts by binding up the estrogen sites.
The key is balance. It is not too much of one herb which would make it too strong for fertility and not too little of another which would make it ineffectual.
Women use many hormonal products and eat foods which hold on to excess hormones, for example. Eating foods on a regular basis which clog the colon for instance will hold toxins and hormones. This means that the body will become overburdened with “old hormones” rather than free and clear for the manufacture of new hormones.
PMS Balance Cream
$27.95 – $37.95
Female Hormone Balance
|Other Ingredients: Gelatin, Magnesium Stearate, Stearic Acid, and Microcrystalline Cellulose|
|ALLERGEN WARNING: CONTAINS SOY(SOY ISOFLAVONES)|
|WARNING: KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. DO NOT USE IF SAFETY SEAL IS DAMAGED OR MISSING.|
|These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.|
How To Use
As a dietary supplement, take two (2) capsules daily.
Do not exceed recommended dose. Pregnant or nursing mothers, children under 18, and individuals with a known medical condition should consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplement.
This testimony came in from a lovely lady we helped to conceive in 2003. She had been trying to conceive again since 2011 and had miscarried immediately a few times. We suggested Female Hormone Balance beginning in at CD1 and Cycle Balance Natural Progesterone Cream after ovulation. After her first cycle on Female Hormone Balance (and not having changed anything else) and Cycle Balance Cream since ovulation she had a strong pink line at day 26, 27, 28 and beyond with hCG blood work taking and all levels doubling continually. This is what excites us. They had their baby daughter in December 2012
Looks like Female Hormone Balance worked for me,. Thank you so much! It is the shortest cycle ever in my whole life. I started getting the LH surge at day 11, decent amount of CM, lots of ovulation pain accompanied. I ovulated on CD 13, implantation appears to have happened on 6dpo. See chart: (Chart not available for obvious reasons.) For the first time ever, I am also nauseous. In none of my miscarriage pregnancies, nausea was prominent.
I am now using NPC twice a day! Can’t thank you enough!
Here is a testimonial from M Kelly in Georgia. We suggested she begin with testing her hormones and then finding out that they were imbalanced, no surprise, we went from there. She only used Female Hormone Balance for 2 months total and the progesterone cream until 1 month before she gave birth to her beautiful baby girl on April 8th 2013.
I want to take this opportunity to thank the people at Whole Family Products. Brenda has been very helpful in assisting me with my concerns as well as Elizabeth who helped me in the very beginning and opened up the dialog for me to be able to ask questions. I came to them after trying to conceive for almost a year with no success. Even though the doctors told me that my chances of conceiving naturally were less than 10%, I tried to keep my faith alive. For the most part my fertility issues were unexplained. I had a low AMH and I have a blood disorder called MTHFR where my blood clots easily, but the doctors said that it had nothing to do with my inability to conceive or my past miscarriages. I tried everything and took every pill on the market
It was recommended for me to take a hormone test to check my levels, where I had my testosterone, estrogen, and progesterone levels checked (ZRT Salive Hormone Test). Much to my surprise, my testosterone was high, which is probably the main reason for me not being able to conceive.
Brenda suggested I start doing the Natural Progesterone Cream to help balance my levels out. She also suggested that I also do the NPC Shutdown. I tried everything she suggested (which included the Female Hormone Balance for 2 cycles – She got pregnant that cycle.). I got an ovulation kit (Fertility Tracker) and checked it regularly, I cleaned up my diet, started acupuncture once a week for about 6 months and here I am almost a year after I first contacted them and almost 8 months pregnant. I now know that there is hope even when we feel like we are all alone in our infertility journey. Brenda has been like a part of my family even though I have never met her in person. She truly cares for people like us and genuinely wants to help us achieve our ultimate goal of being mommies. I am forever blessed that our lives crossed and truly believe that it is because of her and her suggestions that I am going to have this beautiful baby girl. (Eliana)
$14.95 – $24.95